Garden Musings

I’ve been gardening a lot lately. By which I mean I’ve been doing everything from mowing my lawn to pulling up weeds by hand to conversing with a bed of vegetables.

In my earlier years,  I would have laughed in your face if you told me that one day I would get excited about little yellow flowers emerging from a tomato plant.

Or, that I would be patient enough to plant biennials and wait two years for blooms.

While I love the activity of gardening, the hobby itself is a little, well, odd. 

  • I talk aloud to the growing things in my garden.
  • I sometimes wear very strange miss-matched clothes – called “yard clothes.”
  • I have given up on having my nail done. How can you have the perfect manicure when you get dirt under your fingernails?
  • I hope for bees to visit.
  • I study how old and dry manure needs to be before applying to the dirt.
  • I buy any new product seen on TV. Like a Garden Weasel. The Weed Popper. The Pocket Hose, because: 

To a gardener there is nothing more exasperating than a hose that isn’t long enough.
Cecil Roberts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos