Pioneer Woman Cooks

I was inspired to write this blog entry because of a Facebook post I noticed from my cousin. It was a Ree Drummond receipe and all he said in the post was "Cake." "Cake" the nickname for his significant other. I knew immediately that he was dropping a hint. It made me chuckle.

I am sure by now all of you foodies have heard about The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.





She is one of my favorite cooks. I discovered her in 2006-07 when I was on a tear about reading blogs about ranch living. We had just been through Wyoming and I was fascinated--a quick google search and she pops up. I bookmarked her and have been following her for years.

Her cookbooks read like novels.


She has an interesting love story. So how did a self-proclaimed city girl wind up cooking for about 10+ people per day, three meals a day? She used to have the story on her blog, but she has written a new book Black Heals to Tractor Wheels and now you have to buy it. 


However, looking at this picture, I can see the appeal of country life.


















Even though her recipes have changed a little over the years, her best ones (in my opinion) are the early ones. They are recipes of real food, for real working people. I like her “Cowboy Food” selection on her website.

Her photography is excellent and one of the reasons I kept reading her blog. 





















The Confession section of her website contains her blog and in these entries she explains:
  • Why they burn their fields.
  • Why they brand the cattle.
  • How to Ship Cattle to Market.
  • What makes a bumper crop of hay.
  • What is softer than Cashmere.

So what is softer than Cashmere? Read this, but only if you have a strong stomach.

If you don't know the Pioneer Woman, I urge you to check out her website. The picture below is an early photo of her children. Her oldest is a senior now.
























All pictures on this post are by Ree Drummond.

Pat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos