Made in the USA - Part 2

I am still working on my project to buy Made in USA products. It is not easy; however, I have found several sources for women’s clothing I want to share with you.

As I stated before in a previous post, with the advent of H&M, Zara, Forever 21, TJ Maxx, Marshall's and others, we have become addicted to and slaves of fashion trends, cheap prices and poor quality. I have come to feel strongly about buying American Made products.

While they do tend to be more expensive, I am happy with the high quality of most of these items and I am content to have less and because the quality is better, I can wear longer.

Here are some brands to look for. (all pictures from the companies' respective websites)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Comfy USA

I just love cozy fabrics, easy fit and flowing silhouettes. Designed and manufactured in California, Comfy is prized by women who value comfort as much as style.



_________________________________________________________________________________


Clara Sunwoo

Out of New York City many of Clara Sunwoo’s clothes are made here in the USA. Of course, most are made from imported fabric as almost all clothes but that is changing.




_________________________________________________________________________________


American Pretty



For younger more trendy styles, check out American Pretty. Their prices are also very reasonable for American Made goods. 




_________________________________________________________________________________

Salaam 


Salaam… a word for peace… a beautiful line of comfortable, versatile clothing that fits everybody. Timeless designs made with the finest European fabrics, with an eye for affordability, comfort, and fit. Salaam is fashion for all ages, styles, and figures.

These people have cute, cute, cute clothes.




_________________________________________________________________________________

Karen Kane

One of my favorite standbys, Karen Kane. 

Karen Kane makes everyday clothes for real women and can be found in most department stores.





_________________________________________________________________________________

And for that little touch of luxury, look for nightgowns made in the USA. If you are like me, you are cruising through Target or Walmart and spot a nightgown, not too bad looking, for $14 and you grab it. Then you were it to death until  it is shabby, misshapen and belongs in the rag pile.

Well, my fav sis-i-law bought me a nightgown while we were having our little vacay. (Was it because mine was so ragged she felt sorry for me?) It was an Amanda Rich; a brand I had never heard of, but it was made in the USA. I fell in love and have since thrown out the cheap, made in China raggeds and bought a second one. 

I have to admit, finding an online presence for this company was hard -- but with perseverance and lots of googling, I found these gown in boutiques.

Absolutely lovely. Here are few of the styles. 






_________________________________________________________________________________

For list of Made in the USA Women's clothing, you may want to check out this link. 

This is an interesting, informative website with lots of sources. 

More to come as I continue my Made in the USA project.



Pat



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos