Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

Amazon Prime had an offer for Season 1 of Seaside Hotel so I thought, why not?
It is a delightful series and one I am really happy I found. In the series, the woman go to Skagen for a girl's afternoon out. Never heard of it.

But in usual Pat fashion -- I knew nothing about that part of Denmark. I marveled while looking a the pictures of sea oats and sand dunes that look just like the Georgia Coast. Naw, this is Denmark -- where did they film it? Denmark is cold. It couldn't possibly have sand dunes and sea oats ---  I investigated.

With my old friend Google Maps, I first had to locate Jutland. Silly me, I checked the south side of Denmark first. Finally I just asked and there it was -- way up on the tip top part.


In reality, the show was filmed in Jammerbugten. The hotel is a set. But Skagen is real. Anyway, here are a few things I discovered.

There really are some adorable beach cottages.

House in Skagen, Denmark © Gunvor Eline Eng Jakobsen / Alamy Stock Photo

Skagen is a fishing town and has been for centuries. 

Skagen Harbour, Denmark © Marc Lechanteur / Getty Images

Interesting Natural Occurrence

There is a place where two seas meet. Grenen, north of the town of Skagen is the northerner most place in Denmark. Here you walk out on a sandy sand bar and see the Baltic and North  seas meet.  I was amazed by the color of the water -- almost like a tropical ocean.

Grenen © EHRENBERG Kommunikation / Wikimedia Commons

Weather

All this is beautiful and the beaches are gorgeous. However, being a person from the Southern United States, even these summer temps in Skagen are a bit chilling...brrrrr

https://weatherspark.com/y/68646/Average-Weather-in-Skagen-Denmark-Year-Round


I loved the series and hope there is more. I really learned a lot about I place I know very little about. 

Pat

Comments

  1. I’m curious to know where the building is that is shown as the exterior of the hotel. I realize it’s not a hotel and that interior scenes are filmed elsewhere, but I wonder where the building is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ot only gets to 67F at the height of summer. Too cool for mr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i read that they digitally expanded an existing structure -- cannot remember where I read that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos