"You sure are frugal"

"You sure are frugal"
These were the words a recent visitor to my house said after using my bathroom.
"What makes you say that?" I asked.
"All those soap slivers in your soap dish."

Hummm, she was right. I do have soap slivers in my soap dish. Silvers that are too small for using in shower or bath but a perfect for hand washing.



While getting dressed this morning, I glanced at the soap dish and though, yes, I am frugal.

I am frugal. But not a fanatic about it. I have just learned over the years that saving pennies -- saves dollars.

I begin to notice other little things that prove this.

For one thing, I use a lipstick brush to get all the lipstick out of the tube -- especially if it is a favorite, discounted color. I just don't throw it out when it is flat. There are many more applications left in that tube, you just gotta work for it.



I do take my own coffee to work avoiding the daily stop at Starbucks. Since their regular size, nothing fancy, Grande (medium) is about $2.10 a cup I do save $10.50 a week. That about $40 a month not spent on something I make can at home.



Along with bringing my own coffee, I also bring my own iced tea. Poured into the Yeti, it stays cool and doesn't melt. I drink this at lunch instead of a sweet soda out of the machine, which in our office is $.75 a can. Another $3.75 a week saved.

And speaking of lunch, I almost always bring my lunch. I am one of those people who don't mind left-overs, so my lunch is often left-overs from something I cooked the previous night or from a restaurant if we eat out at night.



Lunch in this part of town is pretty pricey -- if I eat out it is about $12-$15. Even if I go for fast food, it is close to $10. Being conservative in my estimate for the cost of lunch, I save about $50 a week if I bring my own.

Let's see -- between coffee, drink, & lunch, I save about $64.25 a week.
Multiply that by 4 weeks = $257 a month.
Multiply that by 12 months = $3084.00 !!!!

Just these savings alone can really add up.


I think i will do some more posts on being frugal. It helps me focus.


Pat



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos