A No Spend Week


I am going to try an experiment – a no spend week.

The idea is to spend absolutely no money this week. No lunches out, no dinners out, no cokes/junk out of the machine, no splurging.

My biggest hurdle is eating out at a night. I am so tired at the end of the day, that just having someone else cook for me (and clean up) is very enticing. Nevertheless, I am going to try this week to 

SPEND. NO. MONEY.  


At all. Nothing, nada, none.

Why?

I feel as if I may be at the beginning of the dreaded Debt Spiral.

Am I in the danger zone? I am getting close – real close.


https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/stop-spending-budgeting-tool/


  • Well, yes, we were really bad over the holidays – had several trips and really didn’t hold back.
  • Then car repair expenses – radiator fan and then transmission. URG!
  • One of our income properties became empty – well, we had to evict – after not having 3 months’ rent, along with all the costs, so that has added a income hole.


How do I plan to do it? 
I already take lunch and coffee everyday so that is not a problem.
I am going to plan what we are going to eat every night AND BE HAPPY WITH IT. 

Also, I am going to resist the snack machine -- hard to do if you are having a bad day -- somehow those M&Ms really do hit the spot and provide a little comfort.

So cross your fingers for me....

Pat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos