Just General Updates

I just thought I would check in and let you know how some of my "projects" are going.

First - the Buy No New Clothes




I have really been pleased with this one. It is now May and I haven't spent money on clothes at all this year and that is really good for me. I am usually buying something at least once a month.

However, when I examined my Spring/Summer clothes, I noticed 2 pairs of  dress pants for work that really cannot go another year; thus I will be replacing them.

Also, for full disclosure, my hubby gave me a little money to spend as I want. He often does that and I faithfully squirrel it away but this weekend I visited my favorite boutique and bought a few blouses -- again for work.

Even though I didn't hit the mark 100%, I feel good about the progress made.


Second - Spend No $$$ Weeks

This one I have done surprisingly well. I have had several weeks since the new year where I spent no money at all --None, Zero, Natch, Nada -- with the exception of gasoline. It takes a tank a week to commute to work and back every day. :(

The key is to PLAN. Plan my lunches, plan my dinners at home. No impulse shopping.

Gettyimages

I keep reading articles about how bad it is to eat at your desk because you never get a break. And that is true. Other reasons include:
  • You wind up sitting more and not getting up and moving about.
  • Lowers productivity -- being inside with the same scenery is counter-productive to creative thinking.
  • Your keyboard gets nasty. And then, you have to deal with the crumbs, the smears, the rings on your desk. Sigh. 
But since we don't have a good break room -- I sit at my desk and clean it after each meal.

Third - Throwing out Unwanted Junk

This one I am not doing as well with as I thought I would. So far, I have piles, bags and boxes but just haven't got around to donating yet. The nagging thought -- "I could sell this in a yard sale" lingers in the back of my mind thus paralyzing my legs from taking said junk to car.

Will I do a yard sale? I haven't done one in years and I have to admit our first (and only) one netted us much more money than anticipated. I guess I need to get off my behind and just plan one.





























That is all for now.

Will keep you posted.

Pat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos