Becoming a Merle Girl - Merle Norman Cosmetics

If you have read any of my blog, you know I have a thing for made in the USA products.  Until recently, I never gave any thought as to whether my makeup is made in the USA or not.

Last week, I stumbled upon a You Tube Video where a girl was reviewing a new line of lipsticks by an internet influencer. The colors were beautiful. The packaging was stunning if not a little over to top. But the product inside was something else.

The lipsticks had hair and particles in them. I was aghast!!! What happened? How could this be?
You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGUylu-Gwj0

Curious, I viewed other videos -- it just got worse and worse.

 https://medium.com/@jyssicaschwartz/7-business-lessons-from-the-jaclyn-hill-cosmetics-disaster-cd6fef58fc06

 https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/a27892318/jaclyn-hill-lipstick-line-controversy/.

People all over were complaining about them being unclean and even dangerous to health. I know I would not like to use them.

I watched every video I could find. Even the ones Jaclyn Hill made to explain the situation. Over and over again, the blame was laid on the lab. Only once in a video by another beauty influencer, Marlena Stell, kinda let it slip, that they were manufactured in China was mentioned.Whether they were or weren't, I was appalled. The lipsticks were a mess.

Sooooo......
I googled "makeup made in China."



I kid you not. Reports of feces, urine, hair, and various unknown particles in the makeup, ingredients that should not be there.... the list goes on.

As a result, I quickly threw out all my makeup and searched for Made in the USA. This website has a pretty comprehensive list - breaking down Made in the USA, Made Mostly in the USA, Made in Other Countries:   https://blushinginhollywood.com/makeup-made-in-the-usa/

And then I saw it --- my old friend from the early 70's when mother introduced to me makeup.


I am very lucky because there are several Merle Norman Boutiques near me. I literally ran to one to at least get the basics - since everything else was now safely in my garbage can - foundation, moisturizer, eye shadow, lip stick.

I was very pleased -- the store was fresh and pretty. It was comforting to see all the new things and some of the old standbys.

After a complementary makeup session showing me the various items for my skin type, age, and use, I bought what I needed and came home. I felt like a school girl. I have never in my life pitched out ALL of my makeup and started over.

Now several days later, I am glad I did. My face looks better. Their moisturizer is killer; my cheeks no longer feel as if the are going to crack when I smile. Here are few selfies taken at the end of the day. I have touched up my lipstick but nothing else. I do like the wear ability.
And the coverage.

  










Because I have hooded eyes, the Merle Girl who worked with me should me a method of haw to do my eyes to open them up. I am still trying to master this technique.

I am definitely going to be a Merle Girl going forward and using only Merle for all the makeup and skin care needs.


Pat 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos