We Need to Want Less

 

https://uncomplicatedspaces.com/how-im-working-towards-a-slower-wardrobe-this-year/

I was reading this blog and Instagram account and this just popped out at me. 

This is the key. 

In trying to live a more sustainable life, focusing on my wardrobe first, this really hit home. Just recently a friend sent me pics of purses she purchased second hand.
There were 5 of them.





My envy kicked in immediately -- they were all great scores and gorgeous. But 5?
Who really needs 5 new purses? 

It felt excessive. Especially knowing her current purse wardrobe. 

Yeah, I know -- some are into shoes, some are into coats, some are into purses. 

But how many do we really need?

I think I need to ask myself that about everything. 

But...how do I change a mindset of "I want, I want, I want" to "I don't want"? 
Tricky.

Particularly hard for those of us that like stuff. 
I like stuff -- pretty stuff.


    

So, it hard to think "I have enough." 

Looking for suggestions. Anyone have any to offer?

Pat
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos