Decorating with Clocks


A task I enjoy doing every Saturday morning is winding my clock. I love clocks and don't own near enough to make me happy. 

I prefer the kind of clock you have to wind. There is something so satisfying about the actual action of winding a clock.


My favorite clock have three places to wind: the time, the chimes and the hour strike.  My clock rings a Westminster chime. 



I love clocks in decorating. Here a few of my favorites.



Susan at Between Naps on the Porch used one of her antique clocks as part of a New Year's table setting. Loved this idea.

Pinterest
I really like this idea of the clocks in a stair way. What a great way to keep track of the time on your way by.

Pinterest
These little rhinestone vintage clocks have a perfect vintage, shabby look.

Pinterest
This masculine collection is perfect for an office or man's room.



Mantel clocks in family rooms are classic and add both beauty and functionality as they keep family members abreast of the time.



Mantel clocks work in a contemporary setting as well as a traditional decor.



Decorating with large clocks seems to be very popular decorating trend right now. Flip through any magazine and you see their big faces. 








Some clocks are so lovely and pleasing to the eye…they truly feel like beautiful works of art.  Do you have a favorite clock? Or two?
Comments welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos