New Year Lessons Learned

 

Wow! Can you believe it is 2021? 

Time just flies. 

And for me, because I have been able to work from home, it seems that the past year went by even faster.
Almost all of us have been affected by sort of lock down, social distancing, craving for favorite restaurant meals, a party, a visit to a bar or even to the mall. Our lives have been changed and we have adjusted. 

Since I like to look at lessons learned, here are some:

I need to call and reach out to my old friends more often. And when this is all over, I must make plans to visit them.


I really enjoy playing ball with my dog. When the church bells go off, I am presented with a ball reminding me, it is lunchtime and time to play. The fresh air and sunshine helps my mood and makes me more productive in the afternoon.
I don't need to shop for clothes. The causal work at home wardrobe is very liberating and when I do go back to the office, I am going to be a whole lot less concerned about "the right outfit."


I have saved money -- lots of it. I had no idea how much money we spent eating out just because I was too tired to cook. I am actually a good cook and I enjoy it more because the evening commute time is now spent preparing a healthy meal. I don't have that rushed feeling of "what do we have for supper?"


My house is cleaner and more organized. A tidy, clean house keeps everyone in a good mood. Clutter just clutters up one's life and mind.








So there it is. I would like to make a goal to blog more. I like it and even though I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore, it is still fun to do.

Have a good year!!!

Pat


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos