What A Difference Paint Can Make


One of my husband’s favorite sayings that “paint is cheap.” And for decorating updates and changes, I have to agree. I thought I would share with you our guest bath update.

We live in a turn of the century Edwardian and the guest bathroom is located at the end of the hall on the second floor.  This is what you see when you get to the top of the steps and turn around.

Ugly, isn’t it?



Just plain white, with a nasty old shower door, a shelf over the counter that really didn't add anything.


Something had to be done. Something bright and fun. My husband suggested red. Red? For this miniscule bath? Won’t it close it up and make it smaller?

I chose Benjamin Moore’s Caliente. I wanted a bluish red instead of an orangey red. 

After the first coat, I was almost giddy with the results.


Once all the paint had dried and the mirror installed, the room was really coming together. 


Clean and fresh.



The result, a strong true red. It just pops off of the stark white trim.  Add my favorite black and white toile, the beautiful and classic Waverley Country Life and as Phil Robertson would say, "Happy, Happy, Happy."


Much better view from the hall, wouldn't you agree?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos