Is it Cheap Chic or Faux Humility?

I have the title with a question mark because I am still puzzled how a basic functional fabric can now be a hot home fashion trend.  And who would have thought that burlap sacks are now the hottest ticket at flea markets and thrift stores?

People are making everything out of burlap. Why?  Burlap belongs in a barn, no?

I have added some examples found on the Internet.

Table runners (which seems to be all the rage for weddings)...
 
Naw

This one I like.

This is right place for burlap.


Pillows and Cushions...






Wreathes...





Curtains...




Even shower curtains...



Banners...



Personally, I haven’t warmed up to the burlap fad, however, I have seen some scrumptious pieces covered in burlap that are making me rethink my stand.

This  Dan Marty settee in burlap retails for $5,450. While I don't think I would ever pay that much, I do like it.

Another lovely use of burlap are these chairs and chaise in my friend's den in Montgomery. In this room, the burlap looks warm and inviting.





But wait, then there is this (below) that sends me back to my original conclusion, burlap belongs in the barn.



What do you think? Is it Cheap Chic or Faux Humility?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seaside Hotel or Badehotellet

1848 House...Haunted?

Victorian Fashion Photos